All About Us!

Welcome to our life....as simple and crazy as it may be! Things are crazy for our family right now. I'm currently working and in school finishing up my Nursing degree, while Brandon is working long, late hours, and our 3 kids are growing like weeds. Brogen is now 5, Capriece 3, and Briley will be 1 this month of December. I can't believe how fast time flies! We're still calling Northern Utah home for now, but a future move might be coming up due to my current school situation. Although things seem hectic we still try to enjoy the simple pleasures in life and in our family!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, January 04, 2010

Our Ice Skating Adventure!


So yesterday we were out on the town and on a whim we decided to stop by the local Sports World store to see if they happened to rent out ice skates. We had been up to the lake a couple of weekends ago and had seen a bunch of kids skating on the frozen lake and thought it might be fun to try. Keep in mind that none of us have EVER been ice skating before; much less even walked on a frozen lake. And since Sports World just happened to have all of our sizes in rental skates for $5 bucks each, (even cute little tiny skates for the kids) we took them and headed up to the lake to see what kind of damage we could do.
Now I thought I would be able to do pretty good since I had learned to roller-blade as a kid and it would be kind of like riding a bike, but poor Brandon had never even done that so it was all new to him! So we got up there and bravely put on the skates and headed out on the ice. Let me tell you it was definitely not Zambonied!! But it was a whole lot of fun, and we only had a few minor falls that might leave some minimal bruising. The kids enjoyed it for a little while then wanted to get back into their boots to play in the snow. Snowball fights on ice skates are not easy either! All-in-all  it was an absolutely perfect day, nice and warm at 32 degrees, and we even had a picnic lunch! Most likely we'll be going back for more!



2 comments:

  1. Hay guys, I use to ice scate on Lake Erie in Ohio. I had my own skates and had a ball, also I liked it so much that I hiked 3 miles to get a chance to skaates on a smooth duck pnd at a city park. Keep it up and you to and be able to skate backwards ! Garandpa Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like so much Fun... I can't even get up, just fall down on my ass.

    ReplyDelete