All About Us!

Welcome to our life....as simple and crazy as it may be! Things are crazy for our family right now. I'm currently working and in school finishing up my Nursing degree, while Brandon is working long, late hours, and our 3 kids are growing like weeds. Brogen is now 5, Capriece 3, and Briley will be 1 this month of December. I can't believe how fast time flies! We're still calling Northern Utah home for now, but a future move might be coming up due to my current school situation. Although things seem hectic we still try to enjoy the simple pleasures in life and in our family!
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, March 03, 2011

Finally found the answer to something I've always wanted to do!!!

It seems that lately I've been pondering the direction of my life a lot more then usual...and one of the many things I have always wanted to do sometime in my life was participate in some kind of humanitarian project or volunteer work in a 3rd world country. I've always had a tender spot in my heart for people living in great poverty and deprevation and have wanted to somehow help/aid them in any way that I could. You know all those sad commercial advertisments on TV about sponsering the starving/homeless children in other countries...they make me cry every time and all I want to do is go over and adopt every last one of them. I have been given so much in my life and have been blessed to live where I do and it only makes sense to me to share what I can with those who are less fortunate. I've considered joining the peace corps, I've looked into church service-orientated programs, college affiliated programs, and then just today I stummbled upon the Cross Cultural Solutions Organization. They offer exactly the type of program I've been deeply interested in finding. They are known as the leading organization in the field of international volunteering and have done so much wonderful work in over 12 different countries and have helped so many people and communities. They are comepletly non-profit, dedicated to the saftey of their volunteers, and have amazing program quality. I guess I feel that
with my background in care taking and nursing I might be of some valuable help to those abroad who lack in those areas and could do some good with what talent I might have. They even offer volunteer programs for family's to do together (which I think is amazing and would be an invaluable experience for our children to learn compassion and the joys of serving others....and also teach them about diversity and other cultures...all while bonding together as a family in a unique experience!) This would definetly be somthing I'd love to do with my little family one day. If I can reach out and lend a hand to even just one person in need, then the cost, the time, the effort would not even matter to me. For those of you who maybe interested in the same thing, check CCS out...they're really doing some great good in the world!
http://www.crossculturalsolutions.org/volunteering-abroad/why-volunteer-abroad.aspx

Insight Abroad

Experience Volunteering Abroad

Volunteering abroad is a life-changing experience. You share your enthusiasm, time, skills, and energy and give of yourself in a way that allows you to effect positive change.

If you have an interest in volunteering and learning about another culture, you can be of service. Making a difference can be as simple as sharing love and affection with orphans, playing team-building sports with at-risk youth, sharing stories and photos with the elderly in a community, or practicing conversational English with adults seeking new career opportunities. Making a difference can also mean sharing specific knowledge, skills, and experience you may have. But the experience extends far beyond hands-on service with many opportunities for cultural exchange and personal transformation. And the impact of your service can last a lifetime, for you and the community you served.

Insight Abroad, our one-week volunteer abroad program, gives you opportunity to work side-by-side with local people and experience another culture like never before.
Insight Abroad is identical to our flagship program, Volunteer Abroad, in virtually every respect, except that we have made special provisions for the fact that volunteers are there for only one week. It’s the experience of a lifetime! Insight Abroad is available in eight countries: Brazil, China, Costa Rica, Ghana, Guatemala, Morocco, Peru, and Russia. Wherever you choose to volunteer abroad, our in-country staff welcome you to the CCS Home-Base, your home away from home. Our local staff determine your one-week placement based on the needs of the community. Your volunteer work is project-based, designed to be accomplished within the week. CCS volunteer work is in orphanages and child care centers, schools, daycares, and other community organizations. CCS in-country staff provide Cultural & Learning Activities so you can learn about the local culture and customs, as well as understand community development. There is also Free Time to relax, reflect, or explore the community.



No comments:

Post a Comment